Monday, June 22, 2009

High School to College


My Past High School life and now my College life. First, let me introduce myself. Hi! I’m Sherryl Mae P. Almendras “sHe” for short. I’m graduated in Emmanuel Christian School at Sta. Rosa Laguna.

For me the transition from High School to College is not so easy, why? Because there are many differences between High School to Community College, like in High School its mandatory and free but in College its voluntary and there is financial commitment to attend in High school for you, while in college you arrange your own schedule and consult with your adviser and lastly in High school is usually told what to do and when your behavior is out of line while in College All student are expected to take responsibilities for the behavior by the Student Code conduct.


In term of High School Class and College classes their also differ in High School class the school year is 36 week long and usually keep the same classes whole time in College class the academic year is divided into (tri semesters) each 12 weeks long so it takes different classes each semester, in High School classes you not often to read anything more than once and sometimes listening in class is enough while in College classes you need to review your class notes and test material regularly and also in High School classes attendance is a must but not that restricted it usually attendance policies in High School are usually 15 absences a year while in College class professors set their own policies and it can

be as few as 3 absences before withdrawn.

And also in my High School life my classmates are all girls while in College its mix with boys and girls.

~*~ Teachers to Professors ~*~

In High School my teachers usually ask me to hand me a homework and then grade it, My teachers also remind me of if am I missing of incomplete my assignments.

I think in College classes professors may not always check completed Homework, but they assume you have done it and can be tested on it successes fully, professors may and may not remind you of missing work. =D

---Lastly—

If I passed my High School Class I’m also sure that I can do it in my college class.

No comments:

Post a Comment